Friday, November 25, 2005

Christmas is coming and the decorations are here

As usual, the day after Thanksgiving we get serious about decorating for Christmas. This year Maryann and I will be staying home and no one is scheduled to visit. It will be a quiet yet joyous time. The decorating will take two days. We did finish the interior on Friday, and it took most of the day.

The first room we finished was the dining room. The small tree on the buffet is an heirloom from Maryann's mother. It is amazing how it has survived with only one broken "bulb". We also took care of the entryway table and hung Maryann's Santa stitchery.


Next we worked on the sofa table in the great room. Fortunately we had some photos from last year to remind us how we might want to do it this year.


We next tackled the small tree in the den. Last year I finally got smart and left the lights on the tree. It was a lot easier this year than in past years.



We also placed a decoration on the door to the den and a computer "Watch Deer".




The last thing on the inside was the large tree in the great room. It comes apart and the work I did last year on the lights worked perfectly.

I hope you enjoy these photos.

2 comments:

Polly said...

How wonderful Jack to see your beautiful home 'done up like a dogs dinner' as we say in Australia. You and Maryann have done a festive thing. We try to wait till after the first Dec and find it easier now there are no children around to nag us into it.
Love it.

shannon said...

Dad, the photo of the tree in the den is actually one of the one in the great room, just thought you'd like to know. (because I really do want to see what the one in the den looks like!!!)

I hope you can convince Mom of allowing Christmas day to become PJ day! We're having a pj xmas with friends at the house...no pj's, no entry!