BronxBT raised the following questions. I thought it might be interesting to post some contemplative thoughts about them.
... reflections have this amazing quality about them. you can see yourself, the world around you or maybe just what's behind you. isn't that the point?
In a word yes.
not to get too deep on you, but isn't the point of reflecting essentially to take a long hard look at what's looking back at you?
In a word yes.
who really does this?
I suspect many folks don't.
do people really sit back and take full account of their lives?
I suspect many folks don't.
who really does this?
You and I may be the only two in the universe.
do people really sit back and take full account of their lives?
I suspect many folks don't.
how did you get to where you are today?
That one is even easier than the previous questions. I made a lot of choices. Periodically, I think about how fortunate I have been to arrive at this place in my life. I look back and see many of the seemingly impulsive choices that I have made. The consequences weren't always what I had thought they might be. But, then, I didn't give much thought to consequences much of the time.
are you happy?
More than I probably deserve. However, it is my choice to be happy or not. I find being happy makes my life even more meaningful. How else could I look at blogs, like fuzzychadsrule and not laugh. Being positive, optimistic and happy allows me to discover the blessings in even the darkest moments. They are there and worth the search for them.
do you have the ones around you that mean the most?
Yes, even those who have transitioned to their next lives are with me. With the advent of the internet (Thanks Al G.) I am able to be around more people who mean a lot to me. For an idea of whom they might be just look at the other spots to visit at the right.
In my real estate classes, I also cross paths with many wonderful folks who add immeasurably to my life.
Thanks -b for the opportunity to ponder life's persistent questions.
3 comments:
jack.
first of all... fuzziechadsrule... jeez. :)
2nd, you mentioned Al Gore and thanked him for the internet. WE ARE SOOO BROKEN UP. :)
3rd, you kind words, praise and support has meant a lot to me over the past few months. it's been a key factor, along with the support of my family over some things i've been going through. i love ya man. thank you. guess i need to thank Al too.. drat.
4th, no one has EVER used anything (intelligeable or not) i've said to my knowledge to start a discussion or a forum. thankees for that. i feel special. ;)
5th and last, you like this panel on somethinsketchy, eh? jes' wait till the next one.
Anytime is a good time for reflexion, and yes, those who do, can grow, it is the water that helps the plants to live, and some have adapted to live with little but never no water.
Jack, i am honored that you tried to link to my blog, thanks and "welcome".
Dad, you teach everyone that you meet that reflection is good to do. I know that it has helped me through all the choices that I have made in my life. Thanks Dad. Love you....
Post a Comment