Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Very Impressive Picture

If you don't think our military pilots earn their pay ... you need to take a look at this picture ... and then look again and realize what you're seeing ...


This photo was taken by a soldier in Afghanistan of a helo rescue mission. The pilot is a PA Guard guy who flies EMS choppers in civilian life. Now how many people on the planet you reckon could set the ass end of a chopper down on the roof top of a shack on a steep mountain cliff and hold it there while soldiers load wounded men in the rear??? If this does not impress you ... nothing ever will. Gives me the chills and a serious case of the vertigo ... I can't even imagine having the nerve ... much less the talent and ability ... God Bless our military!!!!!


#225

5 comments:

bronxbt said...

holy carp.

i'd salute them if i didn't worry about poking out an eye.

Bird said...

WOW!

wow!

wow.

where'd the picture come from - who took it - was it ever published? this is quite something!

Adrianne said...

That is just to cool! What a feat!

Jack K. said...

-b, keep your thumb next to your forefinger and you will prevent eye gouging. Watch reruns of JAG and watch how Elliott salutes. He does a better job than most actors and some military follks.

bird, I deleted the email that had this as an attachment. I only know what is in the posting. I don't think it was ever published anywhere, but I do not know. There is something to be said for GI ingenuity. If it is necessary to do, GI's will figure out a way to get it done. Unfortunately, sometimes they die trying.

I wish we didn't have to have these monstrous fights we call war. The reasons are always too freaking stupid. There is no rationale only rationalizations.

Adrianne, I agree. It takes steady hands, feet and knowledge. You can't help but be in awe of them and proud too.

Jack K. said...

armygrunt, thanks for the comments.

I took another look at it and I am inclined to agree with you. There is not doubt that some pilots are sufficiently skilled to pull off something like this, but your argument is well stated and more believable. I usually don't let myself get taken in by these things.

I know, if it seems too good to be true, it isn't.

I would have emailed this to you, but you didn't leave a link at your blog.

Thanks again.